2012 – 2013 – integral and comprehensive programme of care and therapy for pathological gamblers, their relatives and family members.
Within the framework of the programme of the Health Ministry:
„Resolving problems occurred due to the gambling dependency or other dependences not being psychoactive substances dependence”
Foundation UWOLNIENIE is carrying out the public task:
„Integral and comprehensive programme of custody and therapy for pathological gamblers, their relatives and family members”
Dates of realization (2013): 01.02.2013 – 31.12.2013
Dates of realization (2012): 01.06.2012 – 31.12.2012
The foreseen number of participants (one cycle): 110 persons including 70 dependent persons and 40 persons being family members of the dependent persons.
The Therapeutic care will involve following methods and activities:
- Psychological Diagnosis
- Therapeutic advice
- Group sessions: educational and motivational
- Workshops of constructive behaviours
Potential patients will be able to develop through their participation:
- Capacity of changing their destructive behaviours
- Knowledge about the dependency sickness
- Ability to recognize the reactivation of the sickness
- Ability to refuse
- Beginning of the change process leading to life without gambling.
In relation to the relatives and families of the pathological gamblers the aims of the actions will be as follows:
- Better evaluation of their needs and emotions
- The increased self-esteem, self-worth and autonomy
Better protection of oneself and of the family from the consequences of pathological behaviours of the gambler.